Here are the rules:
- Make the ultimate Engadget commercial
- Keep it PG-13 (like the site)
- Keep it under 5 minutes long (if you really must go longer, break it up into pieces, like those serialized commercials)
- If it's not in English, please include subtitles!
- You can enter no more than three different commercials
- It has to be your work! You can re-enact some famous commercial or something, but you can't just slap our logo on somebody's else's copyrighted material.
- Yes, it can be animation, 3D rendered, or whatever else you can imagine
- 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Blu-ray drive(!)
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
- 17-inch WUXGA display (1920 x 1200)
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600GT graphics (256MB RAM), HDMI out
- 200GB SATA RAID 0 drives
- ExpressCard/54 slot
- PC Card slot
- SD / Memory Stick media reader
- 802.11/a/b/g WiFi, Bluetooth
- 1394, S-Video, USB 2.0 (3), VGA, S/PDIF, Ethernet, v.92 modem, webcam
- XP Media Center 2005, tons of bundled software
- House of Flying Daggers on Blu-ray, HDMI to DVI adapter, etc.
- Send your clip to contests at engadget dawt com -- it can't be any larger than 10MB due to size limitations of email, but be sure to keep a higher resolution copy for us to show on the site! If it's just too large to send to us, you can put it on YouTube (or another video sharing site) and send us the link -- but we prefer email.
- Have yours in by 11:59PM EST, Sunday September 10th
- Contest is open to anyone worldwide -- including professionals -- so bring your a-game!
Update: It appears there was some confusion about the original draft of this post. We're not intending to air the commercials anywhere but here on this site -- the Super Bowl thing is just a joke, ok people? And even if we did for some reason decide to spend like a couple mil on a Super Bowl ad, you'd better believe we'd cut the winner in on that action. Hm, first blog with a Super Bowl ad... maybe we were on to something.
Here are those images you asked for!
[PNG] [GIF] [EPS]
[PNG] [GIF] [EPS]